domingo, 10 de febrero de 2013

Week 2


This week I had only a few time to study. But I did all that I could.
I watched the videos in Synchtube with others students. With it you can see some video at the same time and chatting. It was the first time that I used it. We could see videos together, but I don't know why, I couldn't use chat. However, we used another tools to speak about the videos.
I had time only to read the two articles about education. It is about MOOCs. I think we can't compare MOOCs with a lecture in a University. Because at the University, they are there, because they should be, not all of them, but more than 50 per cent. But in a MOOC, we are there, because we want.
It is a revolution. It allows that people around the world can access to Knowledge that they couldn't in their formal Education. They are interested to learn about something and they choose it, because they don't need to move, they can study when they have time and it is free.
Maybe, when we think if it is free or cheap, it will be bad, we are right. But in this case, I disagree. I opine that the best education that we can access, it isn't the more expensive. When they speak about Universities, I understand that they mix good teachers/education with expensive. But we don't learn only with teachers, we learn with our peers. Sometimes it will be better. MOOCs help us to learn with peers. Teachers organized lectures and we organize our schedule and with who we learn.
I am in four MOOCs. And the feelings are different. One of them was a chaos, but when it was working to me, teachers decided to cancel it. I think it was a mistake. We can learn too from mistakes and it is impossible they thought that they could organize 40.000 persons in one day. Another, I can follow it, because at the moment we don't have a date to do the test and it is attractive to me, because each time it is a different teacher. I have other about same theme. I hate it. Maybe teacher knows a lot about it, but lectures are boring. And finally, #edcmooc. I like this MOOC because I don't need to do a test to demonstrate if I learn something or not. In this course we are a lot of people and we came from different studies and works. We will do something at the end to demonstrate that we learn, but each one learns something different. In others courses maybe I passed a test because I knew it before and somebody failed it because it was the first time that they studied it.
I am in four MOOCs. I learn something different in each one. It is free. I don't learn only from teacher. I do the course when I can. I want to do it. I think it is good.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario